The school has nine class groups:
1. EYFS and Key Stage 1 – EYFS and adapted National Curriculum
2. Key Stage 1 / 2 – adapted National Curriculum
3. Key Stage 2 – adapted National Curriculum
4. Key Stage 2/3 – adapted National Curriculum
5. Key Stage 3 – adapted National Curriculum
6. Key Stage 3 – adapted National Curriculum
7. Key Stage 3/4 - adapted National Curriculum
8. Key Stage 4– adapted National Curriculum and Entry Level courses
9. Post 16 – Entry Level courses and Independent Living
The curriculum is taught through the individual subjects, but within this there are lots of opportunities for practical, hands on activities and visits to ensure learning is fun. As the pupils progress through the school they are enabled to become more independent and include practical, vocational skills whilst still focusing on key skills of number and communication.
The classes are grouped in ages, which enables the pupils to work and develop social skills with their own peer group. Class groups may then be split into smaller groups for specific subjects.
Class sizes average 10 pupils or less expect Post 16 which is a slightly larger group. We have high levels of staffing dependent on the needs of pupils.